Friday, November 05, 2010

4.6 Mile Run Through Albany & Around Buckingham Lake
Friday, November 5, 2010

Finally a break in the rain! Other than being a bit chilly and windy it was fairly nice outside when I got out of work, and I had a bit of time before tonight's performance of the fall play, so I headed out for a short run to try and work the rust out of my legs after too many days of inactivity. Can't say I'm particularly fond of running around Albany, but it beats not running at all, and spots like Buckingham Lake Park offer a slight nature break in the midst of the city neighborhoods.

I had planned to do three loops around the lake, but my guts were in something of an uproar by the time I got there so I cut the run short and headed for home before things got really unpleasant. I suspect I have my own stupidity to blame - I probably shouldn't have downed a Powerbar right before I headed out the door.

JMH