Thursday, February 10, 2011

And the Results Are In...
2011 Muddy Sneaker Trail Race Lottery
Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Muddy Sneaker 20k trail race is held annually in mid-April at the High Tor Wildlife Management Area in Naples, NY. The race has gained a certain degree of notoriety both for being one of the more challenging trail races in western NY (actually, when it started, it was one of the only trail races in that area) and for the fact that only 150 spots are available, which had led the race organizers (the fine folks at Goose Adventure Racing) to hold a lottery to pick the lucky 150 + 25 for a waiting list. I tried to get in several years ago without success, and since then have been doing other races that weekend... but this year I decided to go for it and put my name in the hat. The lottery was tonight, and - I made the waiting list (7th on the list, in fact.)

So on the one hand its a bit frustrating (I still don't know if I'm running the race or not) but on the other there's hope that seven runners will drop out over the next month or so and I'll be moved to the event list. And if not - I'm sure I can find somewhere else to run that weekend...

JMH