Friday, September 23, 2011

GOODBYE, CHAOS (1990-2011)
Friday, September 23, 2011









Chaos took a turn for the worse last weekend and went downhill this week, showing no interest in food. This morning she was having difficulty getting around, so I made the decision to get her to the vet this afternoon to see what could be done, knowing that the likelihood was that she wouldn't be coming home with me.







The vet said she was in pretty rough shape, most likely first stage kidney failure - and that the only option to perhaps allow her to recover would involve very expensive hospitalization and medical treatment. Given her advanced age, I decided it made more sense to end her suffering.





Despite her very weakened state, Chaos spent the entire time trying to get off the examining table and out the door. The vet said the only reason she was still going was her extremely strong will - something I'm very familiar with, at times she could be a real pain in the backside because of that. I take comfort knowing she's in a better place now... but I'll miss her a heck of a lot.



JMH