Saturday, October 29, 2011

MOBBED BY DUCKS IN THE SNOW!
Saturday, October 29, 2011

OK, driving back from Rosendale on a late October afternoon should not look like this:



Unless, of course, you're driving in the midst of a record-breaking October snowstorm. Fortunately, it never got bad enough to make the roads unsafe, so we made it back to Albany without mishap.



Once we got in from the wind and cold and wet, I was pretty sure we wouldn't go back out, so I took us by Buckingham Lake to say hi to the ducks. Where saying hi means getting mobbed by a gang of feathered mooches who couldn't resist the chunks of bagel Ann tossed them, while I took some photos...







... and shot a short video.





In the end I was right - once we got home that was it for our outdoor adventures today. So I'm glad we stopped somewhere first.

JMH