Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Lights on the Lake Are Back
Sunday, November 13, 2011

One of the signature sights on my drive to and from Rochester this time of year is the annual Lights on the Lake display along the eastern shore of Onondaga Lake. The Thruway passes over the northern end of Ononadaga Lake Park, and on the drive east you can see the lights running for 2 miles along the shoreline. Ann and I have driven through the display twice, and it is quite the show.



I have to admit to mixed feelings at seeing the lights. On the one hand they remind me that winter is just around the corner (snowshoe season! yeah!) and they bring back memories of the hundreds of times I've driven past them on winter nights over the last dozen years or more, and those are happy thoughts. But on the other hand they also remind me that another year is almost over, and that makes me a little bit sad.

I had hoped to find a photo online of the view of the lights from across the lake, but no luck. I guess I'll just have to stop sometime and take one.

JMH