Sunday, December 25, 2011

2.1 Mile Walk on the Erie Canalway Trail (Greece)
Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and so on to any and all - one more week and 2011 is over. If not for the fact that every year I find myself thinking how quickly the time passes, I'd find it hard to believe that we're so close to a new year.

I had originally planned to go for a run when Ann went to do an EMT shift, but a sore knee and general tiredness made me reconsider - so after dropping her off at the ambulance base I headed over to Henpeck Park in Greece and walked west for a while on the Erie Canalway Trail. It was dark and peaceful, though pretty darn windy - enough so that I turned around after only 15-20 minutes and headed back. When I got back to the canal entrance to Greece Canal Park, I took the path down into the park and walked to the shores of the two ponds. It was really nice to be able to walk on the park road without having to worry about a car blasting through! Spent a little bit listening to the wind whistling through the trees and the trees swaying and creaking, then headed back up the hill and back to the car. A run would have been a nice way to celebrate the holiday... but this was a pleasant walk all the same.

JMH