Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Bummer... Woodford Snowshoe Race Postponed
Wednesday, December 21, 2011

In the words of Woodford RD Jack Quinn -

As you suspected, “I Love Woodford” will be postponed to later in the season. (TBA). I’m sorry to disappoint you all but Woodford without sufficient snow would tear hell out of everyone's equipment. If you pre-registered, please mark your check void. It will not be cashed. Thanks for your support of the Woodford race. For many of you, it marks the northern boundary of your racing season. Merry Christmas, Felice Navidad, Happy Holidays, Seasons Greetings! Pick the one that is politically correct for you and delete the rest. May your life be healthy and happy in the New Year with race finishes in front of five people who normally beat you.

I did indeed suspect that's what would happen but had hoped that maybe Woodford had a little more snow than everywhere else around here (ie. more than none.) Woodford holds a special place in my heart, because it's the first snowshoe race I ever did (and my first time snowshoeing on snow more than a couple of inches deep) and I always look forward to running/walking/staggering my way through the course. On the other hand, this makes my travel plans a lot less complicated, since it will save me a trip from Rochester to Albany and back.

With luck, if Woodford does get rescheduled it will be for a day when I can be there...

JMH