Thursday, March 15, 2012

COLD & WET
12.5 Mile Ride in the Corning Preserve
Thursday, March 15, 2012

After a frustrating morning involving a variety of screw-ups while trying to get my all-season tires put back on the car and an early afternoon spent napping after finding myself dozing off during lunch - I headed out for a ride. I'd been planning to ride the path west of Schenectady, but given the dark clouds off to the west I decided to go down to the Corning Preserve instead. Unfortunately, the rain arrived before I got there... but I couldn't see wasting the trip, so I pulled on a jacket and set off into the rain for my ride.

I'm not crazy about riding in the rain in the summer, but at least then it can be a nice break from the heat. Today was just cold and uncomfortable, and since I wasn't wearing a rain jacket I was soaked pretty quickly. I stuck it out for about an hour - toward the end the rain even died down. But it was still a real pleasure to finish up and head home to wash the mud off and warm up with a hot shower.

JMH