Friday, June 01, 2012

SIGH... NO RYE-BY-THE-SEA DUATHLON FOR THE TURTLE...
Friday, June 1, 2012

A tough decision, but I think the right one... the forecast for tomorrow morning calls for temperatures in the low 50's and rain, which would make for a miserable, unsafe morning. Factor in the cost of a motel room and the additional driving to get there and the decision became something of a no-brainer.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that I do races for a couple of reasons - (1) to motivate myself to get out and run, ride, etc, (2) to push myself harder than I would on a "training" run or ride, (3) to give myself an excuse to visit cool places, and (4) to have some fun. If the forecast is correct, tomorrow will not be fun... and afterwards I'd end up just driving home, instead of visiting parks and nature preserves in the general vicinity of the race. So after the Twilight Trail Run wraps up tonight, I'll be heading home instead of up into New Hampshire.

I'll just have to get in some running and riding closer to home this weekend...

JMH