Saturday, August 04, 2012

Jinxed Turtle - TFWOAC! Truncated Before It Even Begins
Saturday, August 4, 2012

The plan was a reasonable one - got to bed early (for me) with the alarm set for 4:45 allowing a 6 AM departure for North Creek. Didn't count on not being able to get to sleep, probably in part to the heat (noisy neighbors were in their backyard, which means I have to have the bedroom window shut both the reduce the noise and to block the fumes from all the smoking they do.) Got back up and scanned a bunch of photos into the PC (the new scanner works GREAT! Though scanning photos is still a tedious process...) and finally managed to doze off some time after 3 AM... so when the alarm went off 90 minutes or so later, I looked at the idea of driving a 3 hr round trip with a train ride and 1.5-2 hr run in the middle and made what I think was a smart decision to go back to bed.

So instead I will have to settle for TFSOAC... with Moonlight in Vermont at midnight and then the two Indian Ladder races in the morning.

Time to do a bit of riding... and then maybe a bit of napping (to make up for the sleep I'll lose when I get up at 6:30 to get ready for the drive to Thacher) before I leave for Pownal.

JMH