Wednesday, September 19, 2012

T Minus 3.5 Days & Counting: It's Hard to Believe...
Wednesday, September 19, 2012

... that in 3 1/2 days or so I'll be running the Rochester Marathon... and I'm not even thinking about it all that much, beyond trying to make sure I don't tire my legs out too much this week. When did I go from being anxious about an upcoming marathon to it just being one of those things I do periodically?

Of course, it probably helps that I know I'm not ready to run this race all that well, so I'm treating it essentially as an expensive training run where the goal is to finish. And I suspect it helps to be fairly confident that I can finish, barring mishaps or stupidity on my part... it's really just a matter of how long it will take (my predicition is somewhere between 5 1/2 and 6 hours) and how much it's going to hurt...

And no doubt I'll have plenty of anxiety Sunday morning...

JMH