Monday, October 22, 2012

1.5 Mile Walk at Buckingham Pond
Monday, October 22, 2012

Had to be back at work this evening, plus my legs are still pretty tired from yesterday... so I settled for a short walk, two loops around Buckingham Pond. Not many people around, which was a nice change from all the folks who are often there on summer evenings. I should try to get back soon when there's some sunshine - I suspect some of the trees will look great, but I don't know how much longer they'll be holding onto those leaves...





As I started my 2nd loop, the flocks of local crows began their flight to wherever they were roosting for the night... I know they can be pests, but seeing hundreds of crows streaming across the sky always gives me a thrill. While I was watching them I also spotted not one but two bats fluttering around, very good to see!
  





 
JMH