Monday, November 26, 2012

AND LEST I FORGET...
Monday, November 26, 2012

BUY! BUY! BUY!

ONLY 3 HRS 17 MIN LEFT UNTIL THE END OF THE BLACK FRIDAY/CYBER MONDAY/WHATEVER-THE-HECK TUESDAY DEALS!!!!!

(Unless of course they decide to extend them so that you can BUY! BUY! BUY!)

I've gotten between 75 and 100 e-mails today - and at least 1/3 of them have been advertisements of some sort pushing this or that "BIG SALE."

Give me a break.

Somehow I can't help thinking about the John Carpenter movie "They Live", which stars "Rowdy" Roddy Piper as a drifter who accidentally discovers that aliens have taken over and are controlling the world through subliminal messages like "OBEY" and "CONSUME" - money even has "THIS IS YOUR GOD" printed on it - basically all geared to keep people moving along as mindless sheep supporting the status quo.

Kind of like the next month or so of mindless massive consumerism.

Somehow I think the various corporations and businesses looking tor rake in profits over the next month would love to get their hands on a little of the alien action. I understand that the retail sector counts on the holiday season to turn a profit, but in my opinion it's gotten ridiculous. Thank heavens I don't get broadcast or cable TV - it's bad enough getting bombarded by the BUY! BUY! BUY! message through e-mail and online.

JMH