Friday, January 25, 2013

ONE REALLY TOUGH WEEK...
Friday, January 25, 2013

OK, Monday I had nobody to blame but myself... motivation was lacking. And I really should have taken the opportunity to get outside, because things went downhill fast after that.

Tuesday I spent the day buying a Shop Vac and a drainage pump and pumping, pumping, pumping sewage water out of the basement.

Wednesday I spent the day in a very cold classroom at work, then came home, waited for the guy from Roto-Rooter to show up, and then listened to him come up with a plan to fix the drain that wouldn't flood the basement. Unfortunately, he couldn't get the equipment here until the next night.

Thursday I spent the day in an even colder classroom, then came home early and waited... and waited... and waited ... until I finally found out that they were sending a new guy over to handle the clogged main line to the city sewer. Once he finally got here he was able to fix the problem without flooding the basement. Of course, now I'm left with a massive cleanup in the basement.

Friday - yet another day in a cold, cold classroom. I had hoped to get outdoors after work, but being cold all day long leaves me pretty drained - and on the tail of the last three days, tonight was even worse than usual. I ended up crawling into bed at 6 PM, both to warm up and to rest, and woke up about two hours later.

Next week's got to be better, right?

JMH