Friday, February 22, 2013

A Snowshoe Race Cancelled Due To... Too Much Snow????
Friday, February 22, 2013

Well... that's what it looked like originally, when the forecast called for about a foot of snow in Hawley between Saturday night and Sunday morning. Good for snowshoeing, bad for parking at the SCA Americorps HQ that we get to use for the Moody Spring and Hallockville races.

While the forecast is now for a lot less snow, Sunday's race is still cancelled - MA DCR pulled the permit, on the grounds that they don't have anyone to plow the parking lot Sunday morning.

While I'm not particularly fond of the Hallockville Orchard race (it's mostly on snowmobile trail) I will still miss the chance to spend some time with my friends over in the forest in West Hawley. On the plus side - I can stay closer to home and get my backside out for a long run instead.

JMH