Monday, May 20, 2013

19 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Monday, May 20, 2013

And here we are, once again, mid-May with high humidity and temperatures in the low 80's. At least it made it easy to dress for tonight's ride...

A good ride tonight, spent most of the time pedaling at a pretty good clip. Took the bike path east past Colonie Mohawk River Park to the intersection with Reservoir St, then headed back... nice downhill from the park to where I turned, then a long but not too steep uphill back to the park. Good opportunity to push it a bit.

When I got back to the Lions Park I headed west... thought to go all the way out to Lock 7 Rd or even Lock 7, but only made it to the farm lane crossing before I decided to turn around... wasn't sure my legs had another 2 miles (out and back) in them on top of the mile and a half to get back to the car.

On Saturday I replaced my chain and bottom bracket (OK, the Kent's chain and bb) because I'd been getting a fairly loud clunking coming from that area when I rode. Apparently that wasn't the problem, because I got it tonight, too. I'm starting to think it's because I can't always keep constant tension on the pedals, and the system clanks/clunks when I catch up to it. Now I need to do a little fine-tuning of the derailleurs... maybe once school's done, unless they give me trouble between now and then.

Overall a good ride... but damn I wish I could run.

JMH