Thursday, June 06, 2013

HERE COMES THE RAIN AGAIN...
10.3 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Thursday, June 6, 2013

Once again my plans have been upended, and instead of heading out to Rochester this afternoon to spend some time with my sweetheart (not that she has a lot to spend over the next couple of days) I'm staying around here to finish up work that I didn't manage to complete this morning. As I get older I'm finding that lack of sleep is making me more and more inefficient...

Unfortunately, by the time I got over to the bike path late this afternoon, the rain had started to move in, and there were pretty steady showers the whole time I was out. Nothing like the monsoon I was briefly caught in last week, but enough to make things chilly and a little bit unpleasant. I rode out to the base of the old landfill and back... had been thinking I'd stop then (I have trouble summoning up enthusiasm for riding in the rain) but decided to head east instead for a solid ten miles.

Also unfortunately I didn't have the foresight to pack a dry shirt, so I pulled a jacket on over my damp jersey, ran the errands that needed running, and was very happy to change into clothes that were warm and especially dry once I got home.

The turtle nest from last night looked intact as I rode past it... somehow I doubt that will last.

JMH