Saturday, July 27, 2013

NO DRYDEN LAKE TRI FOR THE TURTLE... SIGH...
Saturday, July 27, 2013

... and I have only my own stupidity to blame for it. Turns out the AC units at the Ithaca Rodeway Inn are very loud... and the fan runs constantly when the unit is on. I spent about three hours trying to get to sleep and finally gave up. And since they want us at Dryden Lake ridiculously early (2 1/2 hours before the start) I don't think 3 hours of sleep is going to cut it.

Of course, what I should have done immediately is what I finally did at 3 AM... turned off the dang AC completely and fell asleep almost immediately. Dumb dumb dumb.

So I guess I'll get to Taughannock Falls and back home to Rochester a good deal earlier than originally planned - and I'll hit the trails for a much longer bike ride this afternoon.

JMH