Friday, September 20, 2013

Getting Sick Sucks
Friday, September 20, 2013

Woke up this morning with a sore throat and clogged sinuses and things went downhill from there. Very annoying given that it was a really beautiful day and I was looking forward to going to one of the Columbia Land Conservancy's full moon walks this evening (at High Falls Conservation Area - right behind my parents' house and an area where I've spent a lot of time in the woods, long before it was a conservation area.)

Tomorrow is supposed to be warm and sunny too, and I'd been looking forward to spending a few hours on my bike. Stupid viruses...

Most annoying of all, when I went to cancel my motel room for tomorrow night (I'd been planning to go to the Where the Pavement Ends trail race in CT on Sunday morning) I discovered that I'd just missed the deadline to do so. I'd go down anyway and give it a go, except it's supposed to rain during the morning... and spending an hour in the rain isn't likely to do me any good if I'm trying to recover from the bug that's gotten its hooks into me. So I'll also be paying for a room I won't be using.

And since I barely had the energy to crawl into bed when I got home - today also ended my streak of getting outdoors for at least half an hour every day (since June 4.) I knew that once work started back up I'd miss a day sooner or later... but I was hoping it would end up being more on the "later" side.

JMH