Monday, December 30, 2013

BAD NEWS FOR THE HONDA...
Monday, December 30, 2013

Dang, hadn't even considered this possibility - the insurance company gave me the option of totalling the car (in which case they write me a check and take the car) or writing the repair estimate at just barely under the totalling value (in which case they write me a check but leave me the car.) Needless to say I went with the latter option.

So now I can try to find somewhere that will fix the car for what they paid me, or I can drive the car as is for as long as possible and apply the insurance payment toward a new car. Initially I leaned toward the former (since I'm not sure it's legal to dive a car with one of its tail lights held on by duct tape) but as I consider the work that eventually needs to be done (even before the car was hit, there was over $1000 worth of stuff that needs to be fixed) it probably makes much more sense to plan on the latter. Just when I was enjoying not having car payments...

JMH