Friday, February 28, 2014

FEATHERED FRIENDS
Friday, February 28, 2014

Earlier in the winter I hung a couple of bird feeders out front... unfortunately I don't really have anywhere to put one where I can easily watch the birds at it, but I still like the idea of giving the avian locals a place for a free meal. Initially it didn't get much action, but once the really cold weather swept in the sparrows decided they really like it, and on really cold days it's not uncommon for me to come home from work and find the feeders and the ground underneath swarming with them.

The mourning doves also seem to have discovered the seed on the ground... every once in a while one will fly up when I come home. Today I got evidence that word is out among the doves - the power and phone lines out front had over a dozen of them enjoying the sunshine.




















-JMH