Saturday, April 12, 2014

I REALLY HATE CHANGING BIKE TIRES & TUBES...
Saturday, April 12, 2014

When I unloaded my bike I noticed that the rear tire had worn down to the threads in a couple of spots... I knew it was time to do some maintenance, but apparently I didn't realize how urgent it was. So tonight I pulled the wheels, cleaned them, squeezed more grease onto the axle bearings - and proceeded to puncture three tubes trying to reinstall the tubes and tires. What a pain...

On the other hand, I'd have to pay $250-$350 for the Downtube to do a spring tuneup (which probably doesn't include new tubes and tires) and the bike didn't coast anywhere near that originally (though it might by now, with the various modifications I've made.) And at least I use the $5 tubes, not the expensive ones...

JMH