Monday, July 28, 2014

First My Car, Now My Chair...
Monday, July 28, 2014

... though admittedly the car was only because some *#@$*$!! hit it and caused $3600 worth of damage - essentially more than the car was worth, in light of the $1500 worth of mechanical work it was going to need this year.

My chair, on the other hand, was second-hand when I claimed it something like 25 years ago, but about a month ago it seemed like it had given up the ghost, until I was able to do a bit of repair work on it. But then last week that repair gave up too, leaving my comfortable but beat up rocking chair leaning to one side and no longer able to rock.




















So I finally bit the bullet and ordered a new chair. I'm a little bit disappointed with the cushion color - they looked darker on the web site - and I wish I could have gotten it without the matching ottoman (which is too big to use with the chair in my living room) but it is pretty comfortable. Though I have to wonder if it will last 25+ years...
  




















JMH