Tuesday, September 30, 2014

BACK OUTSIDE ON A WARM FALL DAY
Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Well, after over 2 days of mostly staying in bed and trying to get rest and my high fever coming back again and again, I broke down and went to the doctor. Or rather, to the PrimeCare Urgent Care Center. (I don't mind mentioning them by name because I felt they did a great job of taking care of me. In fairly short order they'd diagnosed my problem as a case of influenza B, gave me motrin to bring my fever down, and put me on two successive IVs to get my fluid levels back up. Unfortunately, I'm likely to remain contagious until sometime this weekend, so no work for me for the rest of the week, which sucks.

When I got home I walked out to CVS to pick up the meds I'm supposed to be using for the immediate future. Can't say I felt particularly strong but it was great to be out walking on a warm fall day after spending much of the last few gorgeous days feeling like crap and lying in bed. I'm not a fan of ibuprofen - but right now it's doing a great job of knocking down my fever, so I'll tolerate whatever doses I need.

JMH