Sunday, September 07, 2014

GOALS...
Sunday, September 7, 2014

Earlier this year, when it became evident that I would be able to run again, albeit very slowly, I set two major goals for the year - running the Greylock half marathon in June and doing a century ride in the fall.

I fell short when it came time to run Greylock, but did run the Banff Half Marathon a week later, so I consider that one a partial success. I'm still working on distances and terrain as challenging as Greylock... right now my legs tend to lose it after 10-12 miles of easier trails. But I hope I'm improving.

The Maine Lighthouse Century Ride was a definite success, and a learning experience as well.

Now it's a matter of seeing how the rest of the year goes... I'll have to wait to see where I am at the start of next year before I decide if I want to tackle any major challenges.

But for now... a partial success and a complete success seem like good reasons to be happy with what I've accomplished so far this year...

JMH