Friday, November 14, 2014

Go-Lite Going Out of Business
Friday, November 14, 2014

Well, this sucks. For quite a few years now my go-to brand for waist packs and hydration packs has been Go-Lite... the gear I've used has held up to all sorts of abuse and they have the only waist packs I've ever used that really are "bounce-free." I stopped using their water bottles a while back but only because the Nuun hydration tablets I use are slightly carbonated, which causes every "hard" bottle I have to leak a bit (which is why I'm a fan of Ultimate Direction's water bottle with the soft rubber bite valves.)

Anyway, apparently making and selling great gear wasn't enough (maybe that's the drawback to selling gear that holds up for years and years - without new customers sales dry up) because Go-Lite applied for bankruptcy a month ago and is now in the liquidation phase of that process... I guess I'll try to pick up some gear to put in storage for the day what I'm currently finally wears out...

JMH