Wednesday, December 10, 2014

THE SNOW SURE IS PRETTY...
4 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Wednesday, December 10, 2014

OK, 90+ minutes to ride 4 miles is definitely nothing to brag about... but there were extenuating circumstances, like the 2-3 inches or of very wet, dense snow I was riding through... and the wind blowing even more snow in my face for half the ride. It was slow, tough going and had me seriously questioning my decision to drive all the way to the bike path for what I quickly realized would be a much shorter ride than I had hoped for.

Actually, I was lucky to be riding at all... I tried going off the section that had been been plowed the day before, where the snow was more like 8 inches deep and found myself making no headway at all.

But on the plus side, the snow-covered trees were very nice to look at, and it sure was peaceful... if I had started earlier (it was getting dark by the time I finished) I probably would have stayed out for a few more miles.

JMH