Monday, March 16, 2015

A HINT OF SPRING
12.8 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path, Lock 7 Rd, and Forts Ferry Rd
Monday, March 16, 2015

I'm more than ready for the cold and snow to be gone... for some reason, I never really got enthused about winter this year, and I'm eager to go back to running trails and riding my bike anywhere on the bike paths instead only on two small sections that are plowed. So I almost stopped my ride short this afternoon, after one out-and-back toward Lock 7... but thankfully, there was a foot-wide section of the unplowed path that was rideable, so I was able to go all the way over to Forts Ferry Rd without having to either take River Rd or drive the bike between the two parking lots.

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks even more of the paths will clear and I can go back to having more options in places to ride!

JM