Monday, April 13, 2015

15.5 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Monday, April 13, 2015

OK, I say the first sunny weekday in April where the temperature hits 70 or above should be an automatic holiday.

Great evening for a ride after work... shorts and a short-sleeved jersey and very comfortable! I headed over to the SCCC trailhead for the bike path and rode west to Scrafford Lane. No trains parked at the crossing, but given that my legs were toast from the weekend I thought it best not to continue on for the extra 5ish miles through Rotterdam Junction, and that was a good choice... because most of the way back I was fighting a wicked headwind. We're talking low gears and 7-8 mph in spots.

Regardless, it was really great to be riding that section of the bike path again, on a warm evening!

JMH