Sunday, April 19, 2015

A BRIEF VISIT TO THE ALBANY COUNTY RAIL TRAIL
Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Friends of the Rail Trail Facebook page mentions a section of the trail west of Font Grove Rd that was paved last year, as an experiment - so this evening I headed over there to check it out.

As I suspected, it was the same section I walked back in late Sept 2013... though I was surprised to see that the "pavement" is actually a surface of compacted gravel. I walked a short way down the trail to see if anything changed, and quickly decided that (1) this had the potential to be a pretty dull walk, and (2) I'd much rather run that stretch sometime soon and see what's been done since I was last there.

I must say, though, that I'm now wondering exactly what it means that the entire path is going to be "paved."

JMH