Friday, June 19, 2015

THE KNEES STRIKE AGAIN...
No Races This Weekend for the Turtle
Friday, June 19, 2015

I'm once again tackling the job of reorganizing things at home to make better use of the limited space and seemingly unlimited amount of stuff I own. So the last few days have involved a good deal of moving stuff, packing boxes, and tons of up and down... all of which has left me with a well-tweaked right knee.

It's quite possible it would hold up to Saturday's Vegan Power 25k and Sunday's Greylock Half Marathon... but it's also quite possible that I'd come out of one of those runs with a blown knee and no running for months. So as aggravating as it is, I'm going to try to be smart and not run either race this weekend, as much as I was looking forward to doing both. Hopefully it will bounce back enough that I can do the Summer Solstice 14k at Minnewaska on Wednesday...

JMH