Monday, July 06, 2015

Tough Decision
Monday, July 6, 2015

Despite my knee mostly behaving itself during Saturday's run (albeit with me running very slowly and carefully with the knee strapped into one of my heavy braces) I've decided to bail on the New Paltz Summer XC Series races this year... while I probably could do them (albeit running very slowly and carefully with my knee strapped into one of my heavy braces...) it seems like a better idea to take things a bit easier and hope for a quicker overall recovery. It's a long way to drive for four Mondays just to limp my way through races where I'll have to run poorly... plus I'm more likely to be stupid and over do it at a race, so waiting a while yet before doing another one probably makes the most sense.

Maybe next summer... sigh...

JMH