Thursday, September 03, 2015

SICK, DAY 3 - BAD TIMING
1.8 Mile Walk at Five Rivers EEC
Thursday, September 3, 2015

Today my fever starting following a different pattern, spiking and then dropping on its own. Maybe my system is starting to get a handle on whatever's got it's claws in me.

Took an ibuprofen when it started dropping this afternoon, and felt well enough to go to Five Rivers - which also meant I could stop at the Bethlehem Price Chopper on the way home, they have a much better selection than the dinky store down the street from me.

Unfortunately I got there just as a severe thunderstorm warning was announced - it hit about 3/10 of a mile into my walk. Popped my umbrella, but the rain got harder and harder, and the wind started blowing, so I hunkered down under a somewhat sheltered section of the Beaver Pond Trail... and watched the rain get worse and even turn to hail for a while. Even the frogs were heading for higher ground, which is definitely bizarre if you think about it.

Actually, after cooking in my own body for the past three days - being out in a chilly rain and hail storm felt pretty darn good.

After waiting about 10 minutes I gave up and headed back to the car. Of course the rain started dying down by the time I got there... but since I was pretty wet I decided to head to the store and home.

Except - when I got out of the store it wasn't raining, so I decided to go back to Five Rivers and walked the entire Beaver Pond loop - they've finally rebuilt the bridge at the spillway!

After that I was feeling a bit of a chill (usually a sign that my fever is going to go back up) so I did the smart thing and headed home.

JMH