Friday, September 04, 2015

SICK, DAY 4 - IMPROVING SLOWLY....
3 Mile Walk at Five Rivers EEC
Friday, September 4, 2015

A few small improvements... slept a little better last night (though still not like I wish I could) and when I got up this morning, I wasn't running a fever... that kicked back in after an hour, but then started to go down two hours later, at which point I popped an ibuprofen tablet and was fever-free for around 6 hours (including the first 90 minutes where I was oozing water out of every pore to cool down... I've grown really sick of being sopping wet and even bought more towels today because I've soaked every one here multiple times since Tuesday morning.)

Went back to Five Rivers and walked some of the fields and woods, as well as the ponds on the main property, then headed down for a quick spin past the Heron Pond (where I watched the heron catch and gulp down a fish  very small snapping turtle - that's got to hurt to digest!) and the Beaver Pond. Also saw a small (hand-sized) snapping turtle in the Recharge Ponds, but he zoomed away for deeper water like he had a rocket pack as soon as I tried to get close enough to get a photo.

JMH