Wednesday, October 07, 2015

4.5 Mile Run on the Albany County Rail Trail & Through A Bit of Delmar
Wednesday, October 7, 2015

A shorter run than I'd planned on, due to workers still doing their thing on the bridge over Delaware Ave a little before 6 PM. My guess is that with the good weather window rapidly closing, they're working as late as they can to try and get things done... but it meant that I couldn't continue down the trail like I would when they're not there. I did do a short out and back on the sidewalks along Delaware, just to see how the Vasques felt on pavement - it's been a while since I've run in them, and never in this particular pair, and I'm going to need them for the combination of roads and rough rail trail on Saturday.



I wish the trail had been more pleasant to run... but a lot of it has a layer of gravel that it's really uncomfortable for me. I guess the pavement that will eventually be put down will be preferable to that... though I really would have liked a nice stone dust surface, since almost all the trails around here are now paved.




In the end, I suppose the shortened run may have been a blessing in disguise... a bit of rest before Saturday's half marathon is probably good for my legs. I'm pretty sure they're going to be grumbling up a storm by the time this weekend is over.




JMH