Thursday, November 26, 2015

A SLOW RUN IN THE MOONLIGHT
6.3 Mile Run on the Erie Canalway Trail & Through Greece Canal Park
Thursday, November 26, 2015

Plenty to be thankful for, as always, but warm weather and a chance to run (albeit very slowly...) this evening while a full moon rose from just above the horizon to high in the sky... very thankful for that! I haven't run in about a week and a half, since I woke up last Thursday with my right knee hollering at me. Tonight Ann was working a shift on the ambulance, and the weather was gorgeous (temperatures in the mid-50's after sundown in late November... woo hoo!) so I decided it was a good time to see how well my grumpy knees would hold up to some running. Followed the canalway trail from Henpeck Park in Greece down to Long Pond Rd, then headed back west to Greece Canal Park and ran most of the roads in the park. Knees were grouchy at times but manageable, as long as I kept the pace slow.

What a blast to be running in shorts and shirt-sleeves in late November under a bright full moon!

JMH