Wednesday, December 14, 2016

BYE, DUCKIES... SEE YOU IN THE SPRING...
1.5 Mile Walk at Buckingham Pond
Wednesday, December 14, 2016

I was hoping to go for a run tonight, si nce the next two days are supposed to feature arctic cold combined with vicious wind chills... but three days of riding and running left my legs more tired than I would prefer, and I also had a bunch of errands to run. So I guess I'll just have to brave the cold tomorrow after work...

Very few people at the pond today - the chill was already moving in. The pond is frozen over, though not solidly enough for skating. Interestingly, the city seems to have plowed the path... I don't know if this was a one-time event or if they're planning to always plow it this winter. I'm also not sure how good an idea it is, given that most of the path is dirt... but it would make it a lot easier to walk there this winter if they keep doing it.

JMH