Friday, January 06, 2017

Playing It Safe
Friday, January 6, 2016

My foot has been sore on and off at various times today... more off than on, but in the end I decided it wasn't worth risking aggravating it between Frozen Assets tomorrow morning (which will be a snowshoe race for the first time in several years) and the Winter Warrior Half Marathon tomorrow night. As much as I'd like to tackle both - I'll be very frustrated if I do so and spend the next several months or longer unable to run because I screwed up my foot instead of being smart.

So now I'm just frustrated that I'm skipping those races, and wondering if I've actually chosen wussing out under the rationalization of being cautious.

On the plus side, I should be able to do our "local" (2 hours away) snowshoe race on Sunday up in South Londonderry, VT, the Get Rec'd 5k+... if nothing else I can go and just walk the whole thing. And I'll only have to spend 4 hours in the car this weekend instead of eight.

Sigh.

JMH