Sunday, January 08, 2017

YESTERDAY WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER FOR RIDING!
10.8 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path & Lock 7 Rd
Sunday, January 8, 2017

Unfortunately, just before heading out to ride yesterday I checked the furnace and found out it wasn't working, so I had to bail and wait for the repairman to come and fix it. Today was only a few degrees colder but much windier... much of the time it felt like single digit temperatures, and it was especially rough going until my hands warmed the gloves enough that they actually kept my fingers warm.

The river is frozen over, but at times I could hear the ice stretching and shifting... pretty eerie, actually.

Spotted a hawk perched very low in a tree along the path just before I turned around at Onderdonk Ave... he didn't move when I rode by, and I was careful not to stop and flush him, given the cold and the wind - the last thing he needed was me stressing him out.

JMH