Saturday, February 18, 2017

7 Mile Ride Through the Corning Preserve
Saturday, February 18, 2017

Really could have ridden my road bike, as there were only a couple of spots where the path wasn't totally clear from the parking lot for the USS Slater until about 2 1/4 miles from the boat launch - from that point on the path wasn't plowed at all, and the snow was too wet and deep for me ride even the fat bike through it. I briefly considered doing a 2nd out and back toward the unplowed section but decided instead that after this morning's race and considering that I haven't ridden in almost three weeks and I have another snowshoe race tomorrow morning - it seemed to make more sense to just head home.

I don't know what's going on at the NY State Museum today, but there were tour buses lined up on both sides of the street - it was pretty incredible how busy that short stretch of Madison Ave was today.


JMH