Saturday, February 11, 2017

LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO RUN...
5 Mile Run on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path & Forts Ferry Rd
Saturday, February 11, 2017

After the race I wanted to take my time getting back to Albany, so I actually ate lunch at Subway instead of while I was driving, reminded myself of why I don't go shopping on Saturday afternoons with a stop at the Wilton Price Chopper (sorry, "Market 32"), and picked up some recent releases at Barnes & Noble.

I had hoped to run at Saratoga Spa State Park, but the snow was deep enough that I would have needed snow shoes, and the hills this morning left me snowshoed out (especially since tomorrow's race will also be very hilly.) From there I headed to the Crossings of Colonie, where I hoped the paths would be plowed... it looked like they had been, but drifting snow had covered them in spots. So in the end I went to the other section of the bike path that gets plowed and had a very nice run... the inch or so of snow that fell last night provided the perfect cushioning.

On the way back I passed a fellow who made for a very odd image... 25 inch snowshoes, knee high snow gaiters - walking on the asphalt path in an inch of snow.

JMH