Monday, April 10, 2017

A BRIEF TASTE OF SUMMER...
11.6 Mile Ride on the Albany County Rail Trail
Monday, April 10, 2017

80⁰ in early April... pleasant weather but way too early. Still, it made for pretty pleasant riding, in shorts and a short-sleeved jersey no less.

I wanted to do something different so I took my mountain bike over to Slingerlands and rode the unpaved stretch of trail out to Voorheesville. They've clearly been working on the trail, probably to prepare it for the paving that's supposed to happen this summer.

When I got back to Slingerlands I wasn't ready to wrap it up, so I rode the paved section over to Veterans Memorial Park before heading back to the car. Lots of people on the trail this evening, and riding my mountain bike on pavement is never my first preference... but it was still an awfully nice evening for a ride.

JMH