Friday, June 23, 2017

A QUARTET OF WOODCHUCKLES
5.4 Mile Run at Saratoga Spa State Park
Friday, June 23, 2017


Early morning appointment at Saratoga Honda... bleah!

Opportunity to run on the Spa Park trails... yeah!

I took advantage of my Empire Passport to park in the "wild" portion of the park... since school isn't quite over yet, it was pretty quiet. Ran the 5 mile trail with modifications... thank heavens much of it is in the woods, today was very warm and humid but the woods were a bit cooler.

I still don't get the logic of having the disc golf course overlap the trails near the pool... I'm waiting for the time that I'm running there and a disc goes flying by me.

Just before the switchback trail down from the pool, I surprised an adult woodchuck and four woodchuckles. Two of the youngsters disappeared quickly, but two must not have been paying attention, because they actually stuck around long enough for me to get some pictures of them.

I would have liked to run around the quad and the paved path along the edge of the golf course - but it was too hot and that was too much distance for my legs. Another time...


JMH