Friday, September 08, 2017

0.8 Mile Walk at Ooms PCA
Friday, September 8, 2017

A nice quiet walk at dusk, and I haven't been to Ooms nearly often enough over the last year... but originally I would not have gotten here before dark.

I had planned to ride through the Corning Preserve and maybe get some shots of the tugboat procession up the Hudson to the annual Waterford Tugboat Roundup this weekend - and even went down there in the light rain that was falling. Except after making my way through the start of rush hour traffic in downtown Albany, I found the lots filled with cars parked for the Labor Day Parade that I had forgotten happens early this evening. And since I couldn't remember exactly what time that would be happening and didn't want to risk getting stuck waiting for everything to wrap up before I could go home - I just kept going and my hoped-for bike ride turned into a 35-40 min drive around the city. Bleah.

School starting back up again this week has definitely raised havoc with my running and riding. Hopefully I can get back into a more regular workout schedule soon, assuming my body adjusts to getting up at 5:30-6 AM every day again.

JMH