Sunday, November 12, 2017

Making a Run For It Ahead of the Storm
Sunday, November 12, 2017

So the plan was to stop in Syracuse tonight, do some work, get some sleep, and then leave for Albany at 4:30 AM to give myself time to change clothes and still be at school on time. After all, 5 hours of driving is more than enough for one day.

Except ... apparently not. The forecast calls for a snowstorm to hit the central NY area right around when I'd have been driving back, and driving back in the dark in a snowstorm with no snow tires on the car didn't appeal in the slightest. So half an hour after checking in to the motel saw me throwing my stuff back in the car and making a dash for Albany before the bad weather hit.

On the plus side, the remaining two hours went by without a hitch. On the minus side, I still have all that work I was going to do tonight, but I'm starting two plus hours later than I planned. So I'll probably still be getting up at a god-awful hour, to finish whatever I don't get to tonight.

Of course, it's my own fault for playing all weekend (well, playing, and driving a 15+ hour round trip to play) but we won't talk about that.

JMH