Sunday, January 21, 2018

SLOW RIDE... TAKE IT EASY...
7.7 Mile Ride Through the Corning Riverfront Preserve
Sunday, January 21, 2018

Yeah, right. If only my slow riding had been because I was taking it easy, instead of being a consequence of a combination of
  • riding a roughly 50 lb fat bike
  • riding on ice and snow for parts of the ride
  • 4" wide tires - wonderfully stable, but speedy they're not
  • recovering from the flu-like bug that's been kicking my backside for the last few days

Regardless, it was a nice day (low 40's and sunshine) and well worth the effort, especially after the last couple of days. The path was plowed out to the pull off on I787 - I rode on the snow and ice for a little ways after that, following ATV tracks - until 4 idiots on ATVs came buzzing and skidding by me and clearly had no interest in slowing down as they did so. So I took that (and the stinking exhaust fumes they left behind) as a sign it was time to head back to the car and called it a day a little bit earlier than I might have otherwise.


JMH