Wednesday, February 07, 2018

SNOWY SHUFFLE
6.1 Mile Run Around Albany
Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Admittedly, it's my own fault... I could have gotten my butt out the door to run when the snow first started instead of a couple hours later when 2-3 inches had fallen. But I didn't so I had six miles of mostly shuffling through the snow, except for some moments when I ran in the road (because there was no sidewalk) or on sidewalks that had been cleared. Of course the latter had their own inherent risk - not everyone cleared the ice from Sunday's storm off their sidewalks, some some folks were clearing away the snow just to uncover the ice.

Running today reminded my of years ago when I lived in Hillsdale... a few times each winter I would go to the Harlem Valley Rail Trail when it had six inches of snow or so and do what I called "snowman runs" (I didn't know about running snowshoes back then... actually, there were probably very few running snowshoes back then, snowshoe running seems to have started to take off at right around that time.) I always figured that if nothing else it was a good resistance workout, and based on how my legs feel after today I think it's fair to say it still is...


JMH