Saturday, August 25, 2018

(NOT) GOING THE DISTANCE 2018 - Race #39
A Midsummer Nights Madness Trail Half Marathon
(DNF after 7.7mi, 2 hr 24 min)
Saturday, August 25, 2018

Very disappointed... I finished this one last year after running a 5k in the morning, and under conditions which I thought were less pleasant (I distinctly remember not having enough water for the last leg.) But this year I was feeling tired going in (despite taking it easy instead of running a race in the morning) and during the very tough 2nd leg it was clear my get-up-and-go had gotten up and gone somewhere else, and if I managed to finish the last leg I would end up walking the whole thing. So I took the easy way out and bailed after the 2nd leg, which I hate doing (even though it was probably the right decision, given how I was feeling.)
 


2018 Event Totals
Run 221.0 mi, 59 hr 53 min
Bike 62.4 mi, 5 hr 5 min

Snowshoe 17.5 mi, 5 hr 12 min
Kayak 0 mi, 0 hr 0 min

states visited: CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT