Friday, November 02, 2018

A GOOD NIGHT FOR A RIDE!
19.8 Mile Ride on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Path
Friday, November 2, 2018

I had originally planned to run after work, but 60+ degree nights are few and far between in November, so I made the decision to take the bike out instead. And it turned out to be a really nice night for a ride, despite over half of it being after dark.

The warm air over the cold Mohawk River formed big clouds of fog over the river and over the Old Erie Canal in Rotterdam Junction... pretty darn cool.

Riding felt good enough that once I got back to the park I even did a 2nd trip out to Scrafford Lane and back... and the timing was perfect, since the rain kicked in just as I was getting back to the car for the last time.

The return to standard time on Sunday morning means this was likely the last time for a while that I'll be riding after work with any daylight to spare - so I'm glad I was able to take advantage of the opportunity.








 
JMH