Saturday, February 16, 2019

REBUILDING 2019 - Race #8
The Green Is White 15k 5k Snowshoe Race
Saturday, February 16, 2019

The spirit was sort-of willing, but the snow conditions were beating the crap out of my knees - anything from calf-deep snow to bare ground, but all covered with a thick layer of frozen snow/ice which typically gave way whenever there was actual snow underneath it. So between the solid surface pounding and the uneven surface in the snowy spots. my knees were not happy by the time I finished a single lap of the course (15k was supposed to be 3 laps) so I called it quits while I could still walk/hike/run another day.

Overall a friendly, low-key event which could be fun in decent snow conditions (though it is on a golf-course...) but all the frozen crap that's out there now is really unpleasant.




2019 Event Totals
Run 17.2 mi, 4 hr 42 min
Bike 0 mi, 0 hr 0 min

Snowshoe 13.2 mi, 4 hr 58 min
Kayak 0 mi, 0 hr 0 min

states visited: MA, NY, RI, VT